Basketball: 9,200 , Figure skating and Short track: 8,285
The arena was formerly known as "Palazzo delle Mostre" and "Palazzo a Vela".
The Palavela is an indoor arena, situated on the bank of River Po, in Turin, Italy. An Italian Engineer Franco Levi designed the arena and built by architects Annibale and Giorgio Rigotti in between 1959-1961. It was opened to spectators in the year 1961 after a span of two years of construction. As part of a renovation, a new seating arrangement was installed in the arena in October 2003. An estimated amount of $110 million was spent on the construction of the arena. It is managed & owned by the City of Turin. The arena provides a total seating capacity of 12,000 and a crowd capacity of 9,200 for the Basketballevents.