We understand your privacy concerns and assure you to protect your personally identifiable information (PII) provided by you either online or offline.
We commit to respecting your online privacy data. We further recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us. Information that is considered personal about you by us includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, age, gender, date of birth, location, email address, phone number or other contact information and the information related to the Service sought.
Protecting the personally identifiable data of our users (registered or non-registered site visitors) is our prior responsibility. We have put in place certain features designed to protect our users who are incompetent to contract with the Company and to use the website and its services. Only person who is competent to contract with the Company according to the judicial law of his/her country or region) can independently register for an account and can use the services of the website. Sportsmatik doesn’t permit anyone who is a minor i.e., incompetent to contract with the Company) to register for an account as an independent user and ought to have a Guardian registered with Us to manage his/her account who can either be the legal parent of the minor or a Guardian with the consent of the legal parents of the minor to manage his/her account on the website and use its services. In case of finding that the personally identifiable information of any user who is incompetent to contract, has been collected on the website without the consent of his/her legal parents, then such account may be removed or suspended.
Being a legal parent of any user who is minor i.e., incompetent to contract, if you discover that your child has registered for an account on the Website or anyone has created and/or managing your child’s account on our Website without your consent, then it is your responsibility to inform the team of Sportsmatik at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to delete the information of your child from our system.
In order to preserve the integrity and security of Users’ information, Sportsmatik uses certain physical, managerial and technical safeguards but however, can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted by the Users and consider that the Users provide their information at their own risk. Once, the information is received by us, we make our best efforts to ensure the security of the Content (PII and all other kinds of data) of our Users. However, please note that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. In case of any breach in the security system, we may put our best efforts to notify our Users (either online or offline) so that you may take appropriate steps to protect your content on our Website.
Information We Collect
Our site's online requisition form requires users to give us contact information (like your name, address, telephone number and email address), and demographic information (like your zip code/pin code) along with any other data that may be required such as age, gender, occupation, interests and information related to the Service sought from our website. As a member, you are required to provide a valid email address (at the time of registration) and may be phone number which may be verified by Us. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on the Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on the Site or not), your computer browser information, your IP address, and other information associated with your interaction with the Site. We use the information provided by you:
- To enable the provision of services opted for by you;
- To communicate necessary account and product/service related information from time to time;
- To allow you to receive quality customer care services;
- To undertake necessary fraud and money laundering prevention checks, and comply with the highest security standards;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations; and
- To provide you with information and offers on services, on updates, on promotions, on related, affiliated or associated service providers and partners, that we believe would be of interest to you.
Where any service requested by you involves a third party, such information as is reasonably necessary by the Company to carry out your service request may be shared with such third party.
We also do use your contact information to send you offers based on your interests and prior activity. The Company may also use contact information internally to direct its efforts for product improvement, to contact you as a survey respondent, to notify you if you win any contest; and to send you promotional materials from its contest sponsors or advertisers.
Further, you may from time to time choose to provide payment related financial information (credit card, debit card, bank account details, billing address etc.) on the Site. We are committed to keeping all such sensitive data/information safe at all times and ensure that such data/information is only transacted over secure Site of approved payment gateways which are digitally encrypted, and provide the highest possible degree of care available under the technology presently in use.
The Company will not use your financial information for any purpose other than to complete a transaction with you.
To the extent possible, we provide you with the option of not divulging any specific information that you wish for us not to collect, store or use. You may also choose not to use a particular service or feature on the Site, and opt out of any non-essential communications from the Company.
Further, transacting over the internet has inherent risks which can only be avoided by you following security practices yourself, such as not revealing account/login related information to any other person and informing our customer care team about any suspicious activity or where your account have/may have been compromised.
Any user who is a minor i.e., incompetent to contract by the age defined by the legal laws of the country or region of which the user is a citizen, must have a user guardian (who can either be the legal parent or any other person with the consent of the legal parents of the minor) registered with the Website who can manage his/her account and disclose his/her information on the Website. In the course of the initial registration process, we may ask for person’s (who is incompetent to contract) personal information including but not limited to date of birth, and email address of his /her guardian and legal parents). Sportsmatik permits the guardians to manage their dependents (minors) accounts.
- If you are a legal parent and wish to register for an account for your child, then you may create an account on the website as a guardian to manage your child’s account and then add the details of the child who may be a major or a minor (according to the judicial law of his/her country or region). A digital/physical consent form must be filled by the person who wants to become a guardian in case he/she is not the legal parent of that person.
- People, who are incompetent to contract with the Company by any means, cannot hold an independent account. In case of being a minor, person must have a guardian registered with Us to manage their account according to the set criterion of the Website along with the consent of their legal parents.
- A guardian should be a major i.e., competent to contract and must hold the citizenship of a country. He/she has to fill the consent form (if he/she is not the legal parent of the person) and should be permitted by the legal parents in case of the minor and the consent of the person in case of being major to act as a proxy to manage his/her account.
- Being a guardian, you agree and acknowledge that you manage the account of minor or major and to use the Website, its Services and all the features made available on the Website on his/her behalf as fully contemplated with us.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Our Services. A person who is a minor is not permitted to create their own sportsmatik account unless his/her parent provides verifiable consent as part of the guardian account.
If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a user who is incompetent to contract, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
How Information is Collected
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
The Website may include hyperlinks to other websites or content or resources. We have no control over any websites or resources, which are provided by companies or persons other than Us.
You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
User’s Provided Information
Information from Other Users
Sportsmatik may ask for certain information to the non-registered users or Site visitors for survey purposes or others. We may also make certain features available for the non-registered users for which they need to provide their personally identifiable information (PII).
Automatically Collected Information
Whenever you use our Website, it automatically collects certain information with the help of various types of technologies including but limited to standard log files, web beacons or clear gifs. This may also include the IP address of users, their browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), exit pages, visiting time and date, operating system etc. Besides this, we may also track the information with respect to your use of certain features made available on our Website such as videos and images you have viewed.
Third Party Information
Third party content (for example: advertising) has also been implemented by our Website that uses various techniques such as web beacons, clear gifs etc. that allow the third party advertiser or content provider to read and write cookies to your browser or may implement similar tracking mechanisms if you view the third party content on our Website. In such case, the information is directly collected by the third party and we don’t participate in such kind of data transmission and you are subjected to third party’s data collection, use and disclosure policies.
To provide location-based services on our Website; Sportsmatik, its partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Us and Our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Information From Other Sources
Our Use of Your Information
Sportsmatik uses information provided by the users,
- In order to build a united multi-sports community by linking all sportspersons and entities to one another for a thoroughgoing development of sports
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all the features and services found on the Website for the users
- Under certain circumstances, we may post your information on the Website. However, you will be notified regarding this act or will have your consent.
- To share your personally identifiable information with other websites linked with us in order to enhance your experience with our Website.
- To understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users.
- To improve the working of our Website and to create new features.
- We may share the personally identifiable information of our users with third party advertisers, business partners and other entities affiliated or not affiliated with Sportsmatik but want to share their information and services with our users only if the users have given us consent to do so.
- Sportsmatik does not use the personally identifiable information of any of its users with any third party organization for sake of their marketing or promotional purposes without users’ consent (except for any specific program or feature in which the users are involved).
- All the team members of sportsmatik, employees, agents, contractors may access the personally identifiable information of its users for a genuine business reason and may share users’ information with companies, contractors and agents that provide us various services based on their specific services.
- To send you email related to users’ transactions, service-related announcements, and keep our users updated with the changes on the website. We will keep these emails to the minimum.
- We may provide you a copy of all the personally identifiable information about you that we have but will charge a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
Most browsers are set to automatically allow cookies. Please note it may be possible to disable some (but not all) cookies through your device or browser settings, but doing so may interfere with certain functionality on the Services.
Major browsers provide users with various options when it comes to cookies. Users can usually set their browsers to block all third-party cookies (which are those set by third-party companies collecting information on websites operated by other companies), block all cookies (including first-party cookies such as the ones the Company uses to collect search activity information about its users), or block specific cookies.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Sportsmatik may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
You further acknowledge that the Website may contain information which is designated confidential by Us and that you shall not disclose such information without our prior written consent.
Your information is regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, unless if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities and in some other instances. We may sell, share or rent your collected information to other companies/users/organizations for financial and/or non-financial or any other benefits.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Our Disclosure of Your Information
However, we have all the rights to display details collected from You. We may use the collected information and display the same on our Website. Further, we may sell/give for free such information to other websites/companies/agencies. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed:
- Other Corporate Entities: We share much of our data, including personally identifiable information about you, with our parent and/or subsidiaries that are committed to serving your online needs and related services, throughout the world. Such data will be shared for the sole purpose of enhancing your browsing experience and providing our services to you. Further, We may share any data obtained/collected with our advertising and analytics partners. We may divulge your personal information i.e. name, email ID, phone number to other companies, agencies or corporations for financial/non-financial benefits. To the extent that these entities have access to your information, they will treat it at least as protectively as they treat information they obtain from their other members. It is possible that We and/or its subsidiaries, or any combination of such, could merge with or be acquired by another business entity. Should such a combination occur, you should expect that we would share some or all of your information in order to continue to provide the service. You may or may not receive notice of such event.
- Law and Order: We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement and other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability.
User’s Information and Postings on the Website
We enable our users to view the public profile of other registered users having Content allowed by the users to be visible on their public profile. The information that users allow to be visible to other users on the Website and their contact information, may be collected and used by other users without restriction. We also enable our users to share information and resources through certain features provided by us. Sportsmatik makes certain features available in order to allow a user to view the contact details of other users and can contact them.
We may disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. In particular, we will disclose personal information where you have elected to connect your account on our Website to a social network or other similar services (e.g., Facebook or Google), or have elected to have your activity on our Website published to a social network or other similar service (e.g., Facebook or Google). To control the information that you share, you should review and, if appropriate, modify your privacy settings on such services.
Acquisition and Other Purposes
Sportsmatik reserves the rights to disclose the users’ information to take precautions against liability, protect the Website from abusive or unlawful uses, to protect the security, rights and property of the Website and its users, to defend against any third party allegations and claims, and to assist government enforcement agencies. In case Sportsmatik is acquired by or merged with any other association, we reserve the rights to transfer and assign the information of the Website and its users as part of such kind of merge, acquisition, sale or other scenarios.
All users (registered as well as non-registered site visitors) may decline to share their certain information with the Website. In such case, Sportsmatik may not be able to provide certain features and services to the users based on the personally identifiable information that the user has stopped sharing with us. Users may view, edit or delete their profile information any time which will get updated in their public profile. We consider that maintaining the password secrecy and account information is users’ responsibility. We may take fair steps in order to verify the identity of our users before activating their account on our website.
Accessing and Reviewing Information
Following registration, you can review and change all the information you submitted each time except your Email ID. If you change any information we may keep track of your old information. You can change your registration information such as name, address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number and profile.
We will retain in our files information you have requested to remove for certain circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our terms and conditions. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints, including stored 'back up' systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your requests.
Control of Your Password
When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. It is important that you protect it against unauthorized access to your account and information by choosing your password carefully, and keeping your password and computer secure by signing out after using our services.
Other Information Collectors
For personal data subject to the European Union General Data Processing Regulations (“GDPR”), we rely on several legal bases to process the data. These legal bases include where:
- The processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations in our Terms of Service or other contracts with you (such as to provide you the Service as described in our Terms of Service);
- You have given your prior consent, which you may withdraw at any time (such as for marketing purposes or other purposes we obtain your consent for from time to time);
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the Service, marketing the Service, such as new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
- If you have any questions about or would like further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below or refer to our GDPR Compliance page for more details.
European Union Data Protection
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to personal information that we hold about them:
Right of access and portability- The right to obtain access to your personal information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
Right to rectification- The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete;
Right to erasure- The right to obtain the erasure of your personal information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
Right to restriction- The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information; and
Right to object- The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Third Party Applications
We endeavour to make the Content (all types of content and media files) of the Website as available as possible for educational and career purposes and in order to encourage this step, we make an Application Programming Interface (“API”) available to third-party application developers and service providers (“App Developers”) to create additional services (such as mobile applications and other services) for our Users. The App developers may be allowed to access various personal information of users related to the use of the Website and its services through the API including the user’s name, messages, comments and their browsing history especially at the time users use, download or access any application or service from an App Developer related to the Website. However, users will be notified or asked for permission to allow such kind of information access by such services or application for the first time. If you don’t want such kind of access by any App developer, you should not use such application or services related to the Website as we consider our Users to agree that such information may be used by the App Developers for their internal business purposes and may disclose the information to their customers and users. We suggest our Users to first read the privacy policies of these third-party services and applications. Sportsmatik does not apply or cannot control the activities of App Developers affiliated with the website.
The Company may permit its users to access other websites or resources on the internet and other websites or resources that may contain the link of the Site at their own risk. The Company is not responsible for any action occurred on other websites or resources and websites or resources that have the link of the Site and is not liable for the Content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspects. The Company is not responsible for any damage related to the use of any Content, goods or services available on any third party website or resource. Third parties associated with Sportsmatik.com are:
- Google Analytics
- SMS INDIAHUB
The Website offers its services worldwide. If you nonetheless choose to use the Website from the regions of the world other than India with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Indian Law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Website you consent to that transfer.
The Website is intended solely for Users (except enthusiast) located within India. If you nonetheless choose to use the Website from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from Indian Law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to India and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Website you consent to that transfer.
We hold the firm belief that the data, you entrust us is within the scope of “personal data” as claimed by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. Since the processing of that data is absolutely necessary for us to provide you with our services, we must require your consent for such actions.
We use organisational, technical and other appropriate measures in order to protect your personal data. We also use various measures to prevent unauthorised access or destruction of data, their alteration or loss and unauthorized processing. We assure you the right to:
- access your personal data;
- request correction, deletion or processing restrictions of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- personal data portability.
Your personal data is kept in accordance with the purpose for which they are collected and stored as long as you use our services or until we receive your written cancellation.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and outside the company. We do not recommend the transfer of sensitive information (such as credit card number) and bank account details via the Site to other Users. Users are recommended to do so offline, on the phone or via personal emails. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once We receive it. However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. You, therefore, agree that any security breaches beyond the control of our standard security procedures are at your sole risk and discretion.
Disputes, Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms & Conditions of Services (and any further rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) and all transactions entered into on or through the Website and the relationship between You and the Company shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws principles. You agree that the Company and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over the Company or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than Kanpur Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms, or your use or non-use of the Services, shall be filed only in the courts located in Kanpur Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Notwithstanding this, the Company shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive or other equitable relief to protect or enforce its intellectual property rights in any court of competent jurisdiction.
You agree that all claims, differences and disputes arising under or in connection with or in relation here to the Website, the Terms & Conditions of Services, the Agreement(s) or any transactions entered into on or through the Website or the relationship between You and the Company shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Kanpur Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur, India and You hereby accede to and accept the jurisdiction of such courts. Each party hereby irrevocably waives any objection which such party may now or hereafter have to the laying of improper venue or forum non-convenient. Any and all service of process and any other notice in any such suit, action or proceeding with respect to this Agreement shall be effective against a party if given as provided herein.
All disputes involving but not limited to rights conferred, compensation, refunds, and other claims through this policy will be resolved through a two-step Alternate Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) mechanism.
Stage 1: Mediation. In case of a dispute, the matter will first be attempted to be resolved by a sole mediator who is a neutral third party and will be selected at the mutual acceptance of a proposed mediator by both parties. Both parties may raise a name for sole Mediator and in case both parties accept the proposed name, the said person shall be appointed as sole mediator. In any case, the parties are not able to reach a consensus within two proposed mediators, the Company reserves the right to decide who the final mediator is. The decision of the mediator is not binding on both parties, however, the parties in good faith will attempt to bind by the decision.
Stage 2: Arbitration. In case that mediation does not yield a result suitable or preferred by any one of the parties, arbitration may follow, the award of which is binding on both parties. The Arbitration Board shall comprise three members – one appointed by each party and the third member to be nominated by the two appointed members by mutual consent. The arbitration shall be held at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. The proceedings of arbitration shall be in the English language. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding on the Parties. If the dispute cannot be resolved by this two-step Alternate Dispute Resolution mechanism, it shall be referred to the courts at Kanpur Nagar, Uttar Pradesh, India.
You agree that any Cause of Action arising out of or related to the website must commence within three months (3) after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such action is permanently barred. This does not apply to the Company.
Improperly Filed Claims
All claims you bring against the Company must be resolved in accordance with this Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should either party file a claim contrary to this Section, the other party may recover attorneys' fees and costs, provided that such party seeking such fees has notified the other in writing of the improperly filed claim, and the other has failed to promptly withdraw the claim.
Questions and Suggestions