Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, much publicized by the name 'Las Ventas' is the most famous and the largest bullring in Madrid, Spain. The bullring is situated in the district of Salamanca, in the east of Madrid. The arena was officially opened on 17th June 1931, with a charity bullfight, although the construction was completed in 1929. In the 20th century, the love for the bullfighting together with the increase in the visitors multiplied the demand for a bigger stadium and hence the arena was redesigned in a ravishing manner by José Espeliú. The arena can accommodate around 23,798 spectators. The ring has a diameter of about 65 meters and is considered to be one of the widest in the world. The owner of the arena is Comunidad de Madrid and the tenants are Taurodelta. Bullfights are held every day during the festival days of San Isidro Fiesta in May and June.
Kindly login to use this feature.