Brabourne Stadium, a cricket ground in Mumbai is owned by the Cricket Club of India. The ground was built to provide an accommodation of 35,000 spectators with pavilions, swimming pool and other facilities. However its current capacity is 25,000. The arena was named after Lord Brabourne as suggested by Maharaja of Patiala. It was opened on December 7, 1937, by the then Bombay Governor Roger Lumley.