The Palace got designed to provide an area for international and national competitions and other kinds of events. The Palace was designed and developed by John Johnson and Alfred Meeson. This place, from the beginning, served as a purpose of recreational program, education, and entertainment.
In 1900, when owners of the Palace planned to sell the Alexandra Palace, the neighboring locals managed to acquire it and the “Act of Parliament” created the Alexandra Palace and Park Trust. The act created this place by ordering the trustees to open it for the public forever.
Alexandra Palace and Park, also used as refuge camp in the both the World Wars. The war lead to influx of refugees from different neighboring countries and this pace was place for them to shelter themselves.
In 1935 part of the Alexandra Palace was leased to the BBC Television group for creating a transmission centre for television service. 1936 was a year in which it became the home of BBC’s first regular public television service. Alexandra Palace and park was declared a Local Nature Reserve and a Site of Borough Importance For Nature Conversation.
Kindly log in to use this feature.