The RheinEnergieStadion is a football stadium in Cologne, Germany. It has been built on the site of the two previous Müngersdorfer stadiums. The local Bundesliga team FC Koln plays its home games here. It was formerly known as the Müngersdorfer Stadion but was renamed after the contract with the local power supplier RheinEnergie AG. The construction of the stadium commenced on 12th October 1921 and took two years to complete. The stadium finally opened its door for the spectators on 16th September 1923. The stadium has a crowd capacity of 50,000 for club matches and 46,915 for international matches. It also houses a museum on its north groundstand dedicated to FC Koln. During the initial days of the stadium, it used to host athletic meets for non-professional athletes.