As of January 2018, the Queen's Park Oval has hosted more Test matches than the other stadiums and ground in the Caribbean, the count being 60.
Queen's Park Oval is amongst the most prominent cricket stadiums of Trinidad and Tobago and also the largest capacity cricket ground in the West Indies. It is the home of the Queen's Park Cricket Club (QPCC). The stadium was established in 1896 and went through a significant renovation phase in the 1950s and before the 2007 Cricket World Cup matches. The stadium's main field has been built with the most exquisite facilities for better game experiences. Besides the main field, there is a gym, indoor and outdoor practice nets for cricket, two outdoor tennis courts as well as squash courts. The stadium has a Concrete Stand which was renamed as the Learie Constantine Stand in the memory of the former West Indies cricketer Learie Nicholas Constantine.
Queen's Park Oval witnessed its first ODI match in March 1983 and its first T20I match in 2009.
It has also hosted the finals of the Inter-Colonial Tournaments in 1906 and 1910.
During the India tour of the West Indies in 1976; Queen's Park hosted the second and third Tests. The first fixture of India against the West Indies resulted in a draw whereas it won the second fixture with a record run of 406 to smack down the other team.
The pitch has two ends - the Pavilion End and the Media Centre End. The latter was renamed as the Willie Rodriguez End in 2011 in the honour of the former player of Queen's Park and Trinidad and Tobago.
*We crave for more modifications and
accuracy. Help us do that with your valuable feedback. No responsibility is taken for the
authentication of the data.