Initially, the circuit's length was 10.6 km which reduced to 4.449 km during a refurbishment in 1988.
Located near Ventnor of Victoria on the Phillip Island; Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit has been regarded as one of the finest circuits for Grand Prix races since 1928 when Australian racing driver Arthur Waite raced his Austin 7 to victory in the very first Australian Grand Prix, held for cars on a 6.5 mile long open road course. An Australia based logistics and supply chain company Linfox owns the circuit, and it is Grade 3 certified by FIA. The lush scenery of Phillip Island attracts maximum visitors in good weather conditions along with the most exciting and adventurous circuit configuration around the world.
The circuit hosted its first motor racing with a 100 Miles Road Race competition which is also known as the first Australian Grand Prix.
Victorian Centenary Grand Prix of 1934 was also held in this circuit.
Professional motorcycle racer of Australia Casey Stoner won his sixth and last Grand Prix title in this circuit after which the third corner of the circuit was named in his honour.
It hosted the first Phillip Island 500K endurance race in 1971.
*We crave for more modifications and
accuracy. Help us do that with your valuable feedback. No responsibility is taken for the
authentication of the data.