Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos is the Santiago-based national stadium of Chile, mainly used for football matches. It was built on a farmland donated by farmer Jose Domingo Cañas to the Municipality of Ñuñoa in 1918. The venue was opened on 3rd December 1938 and is known to be the largest stadium in Chile (with a seating capacity of 48,000). The stadium was first renovated for hosting the FIFA World Cup in 1962, and the capacity was increased around 75,000. The Olympiastadion (located in Berlin) inspires the structure of the stadium. The stadium was again renovated in 2009 that reduced the capacity to 48,665.
Kindly log in to use this feature.