|Surface Type||Artificial Turf|
The Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium is a well-known football events venue, located in Austin, Texas. It is the second largest stadium in the entirety of Texas. The construction was started in 1924. Herbert M. Greene was the chief architect, responsible for building the stadium. An estimated amount of $275,000 was spent on the construction of this world famous stadium. It was opened for spectators on 8th November 1924. However, there are some conflictions about the date. Some say the stadium was opened on 27th November 1924. Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium underwent renovations multiple times. It was renovated in 1955, 1977, 1986, 1996, 2002, 2005, 2011 and 2013. The stadium was formerly known as the "War Memorial Stadium" (1924-47), the "Memorial Stadium" (1948-76) and the "Texas Memorial Stadium" (1977-95). It is owned by the University of Texas System and operated by the University of Texas at Austin. The field had natural grass from 1924 to 1968. Artificial turf as installed been in 1969. The stadium has been the home for the Texas Longhorns of the NCAA since 1924.
Kindly log in to use this feature.