The Croke Park is a GAA (owner) stadium, located in Dublin in Ireland. It is often referred as the “Crocker” by fans and the residents. The stadium has been named after Archbishop Thomas Croke. It serves as the headquarters and the main stadium of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA). The construction of the ground was started in 1880. The chief architect who built this stadium was Gilroy McMahon. The stadium was finally opened to the spectators in the year 1884. The Croke Park underwent a renovation in the year 2004. The estimated cost of the renovation was €260 million. The park has been hosting the Gaelic games since 1884. The Croke Park witnessed the tragic massacre of 21st November 1920. It was during the Irish War of Independence. The massacre was done by the Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) during a Dublin-Tipperary Gaelic football match. The day is remembered as the Bloody Sunday.