The Cairo International Stadium was opened in 1960. The stadium is also known as the ‘Stad El Qahira El Dawly’. It is an Olympic-standard stadium, employed for multi-purposes. It is the 69th largest stadium in the world with a capacity of 75,000. Before the stadium was made all-seating, the capacity of the stadium was equal to 100,000. It is the first Olympic-standard stadium in Cairo (located in the Nasr City, a suburb in the north-east of Cairo). It was inaugurated on July 23, 1960, by Egyptian President Gamal Abd El Nasser on the eighth anniversary of the Egyptian Revolution 1952. The stadium is located 10 km west of the Cairo International Airport.