The Villa Marina of Isle of Man in Douglas is one of the most premier entertainment venues of the world which is a part of the Villa Gaiety complex. Its major components include the Royal Hall, Broadway Cinema, Promenade Suite, Dragon’s Castle and Colonaide Gardens. It is situated in the Harris Promenade that overlooks the famous Douglas Bay. The entertainment venue was designed by the architect named Alban Jones. He was selected in an open competition where Professor Adshead of Liverpool University was the judge. The venue was inaugurated on 19th July 1913 and a major renovation took place in between 2001-2004. It is owned by the Isle of Man Government. It comprises of almost 1,500 seats hosting numerous entertainment shows throughout the year. The Broadway Cinema is an auditorium having Wi-Fi access, LCD television, Noble Suite and lovely layout facilities for watching movies and hosting corporate functions.
The Royal Hall is the epicenter of the venue which is accommodated with latest lightings and sound systems.
The marina was inaugurated again in 2004 after refurbishment.
The Villa Marina Arcade that was remodeled in 2010, hosts the Isle of Man’s wonderful Wurlitzer Music.
It also comprises of the Gaiety Theatre that was built by the architect Frank Matcham in the year 1990 and went through a round of restorations for thirty years to finally stand in the current charismatic position.
Attractive tours are conducted in each of the theaters every Saturday during the summer season.