The GAA established the Hall of Fame section in the Croke Park Museum on 11th February 2013.
The Croke Park is considered as the third largest stadium in Europe and the largest stadium which is not usually used for association football.
The Croke Park is a GAA (owner) stadium, located in Dublin in Ireland. It is often referred as the “Crocker” by fans and the residents. The stadium has been named after Archbishop Thomas Croke. It serves as the headquarters and the main stadium of the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA). The construction of the ground was started in 1880. The chief architect who built this stadium was Gilroy McMahon. The stadium was finally opened to the spectators in the year 1884. The Croke Park underwent a renovation in the year 2004. The estimated cost of the renovation was €260 million. The park has been hosting the Gaelic games since 1884. The Croke Park witnessed the tragic massacre of 21st November 1920. It was during the Irish War of Independence. The massacre was done by the Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) during a Dublin-Tipperary Gaelic football match. The day is remembered as the Bloody Sunday.
The memorable 1961 All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final between Offaly and Down teams was held in the Croke Park.
U2 performed at this stadium on 29th June 1985, as a part of their "The Unforgettable Fire Tour".
The opening and closing ceremonies of the 2003 Special Olympics were held in the Croke Park.
The stadium played host to the 2004 All-Ireland Football Final.
Bon Jovi performed here as a part of the "Have a Nice Day Tour". The concert was held here on 20th May 2006.
The stadium saw Pope Benedict XVI addressing people at the closing ceremony of the 50th International Eucharistic Congress, in June 2012.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band performed here on 27th and 29th May 2016 as a part of their "The River Tour 2016".