|Governing Body:||International Association of Athletics Federations|
The rules and regulations for relay races are governed by the International Association of Athletics Federation (“IAAF “) are mentioned below:
1) As the athletes get ready to start the competition they need to make sure that they have not taken any supplements to increase the speed and stamina. But, if they are found guilty they are disqualified under the grounds of unfair mean practices.
2) The athletes cannot touch the starting line or the other side of the starting side line before the ‘set’ command or before the pistol fires.
3) Sensors are placed in the starting pistol and at the starting blocks. In case of a false start the athlete is disqualified.
4) The team may be disqualified from a relay for losing the baton / dropping the baton.
5) If the baton pass is improper that is the baton is not passed in the exchange box then this shall lead to disqualification.
6) If an athlete starts a false start for the first time then a warning is given but if the athlete repeats this is then disqualified.
7) The athlete may get disqualified if improper overtaking takes place.
8) The athlete may get disqualified if they prevent another competitor from passing over.
Kindly log in to use this feature.